Monday, November 30, 2009

Finches as Pets?

I was in the pet store last week and saw the cutest finches in there? I was wandering if they were a good type of bird to keep as a pet. I used to have a cocktiel but its been a long time since I owned a bird....Any advice or suggestions?



Finches as Pets?-Myspace pets www.myspace.com





You should ask yourself what r u expecting from a petbird?



if you want to play with the bird or have time together for getting a tamed bird ,finches r not that sort of pets. But they r quite little delights for your life,you keep them,they bring you joy with their vivacious movings and fun as you watch them.



you can also breed them easily. They dont need much time for daily care also.



Finches as Pets?

-(Myspace.com)



hi yes i had a finch that i hand fed i just wish i could find one again it used to fly and sit on my grandson head it was so cute hope i was able to help



Finches as Pets?

-(Myspace code myspace.com)



We had two finches once, a boy and a girl. About Every 2-3 days there were new eggs in the cage! and the mother wastnt keeping them warm so we had to throw the eggs out! And the birds kept chirping alllllll..... the time. No I don't think that they are good pets.
No, they are cute, but personally aren't very good pets. They chirp a lot and fly around. You can't really enjoy having them.
I ahve 8 finches and I love them, they do sing/ chirp a lot but its kinda nice. They are wasy to take care of and my 2 year old will sit in front of the cage for like an hour. They really are more of a watching bird and not really hand tameable.
Finches make a great pet if you only want to watch them. I have 4 but a parrot like a tiel, lovebird, parrotlet ect are better if you want interaction. I take my tiels out everyday and they love it. Just research all kinds of birds to see what is right for you. Finches are fun to watch.
i started with 2 now have 9 i like them alot but they stink i put them outside in summer and open the cage they fly around all day coming back and forth for food and water and at night. havent lost one yet

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
rate my teacher