Saturday, November 28, 2009

I just swapped house with someone who had A LOT of pets - I dont have any, so why is there loads of

I have just done a council exchange with another tenant who had a zoo living in her house - 4 cats, a dog, a chinchilla, 2 rats, 2 hamsters and a budgie!!!! She said her pets dont have fleas, so how come they have EATEN me?? And I keep finding them??? There are no carpets down because I made them pull it up, its all wood floors and bare floorboards at the minute, so how come they are still alive and kicking, when I dont even have any pets with me too!!! Its embarrasing, and bloody horrible!! I look like a right minger with bites all over my ankles and sides, but the thing is, they havent bitten my husband or two children (luckily), so why just me too?? I have tried powder and spray but there still there, and Im now resorting to boil washing all my bedding and buying a new duvet and pillows. But my clothes are still in black bags due to the lack of wardrobes as I am having built in ones built and have no where to put them till then!!! HELP ME PLEASE!!!



I just swapped house with someone who had A LOT of pets - I dont have any, so why is there loads of fleas stil-Myspace pets www.myspace.com





The reason they are still around is because flea's have life cycles. They lay their eggs, they hatch, become larva, cacoon, and then become adult fleas.. because this life cycle does sometime take weeks or months to complete, they keep coming back. You need to break the cycle.. vaccum and wash everything everyday.. pick up some spray that kills larva and eggs.. and spray everywhere.. if this does not help.. then you will need to contact a insect killer and have your house bombed



I just swapped house with someone who had A LOT of pets - I dont have any, so why is there loads of fleas stil

-(Myspace.com)



Cat and dog fleas do bite humans causing skin irritation and allergic reactions.



Fleas pass though three stages before emerging as adults.



Flea eggs are too small to be seen with the naked eye. They are laid in a variety of locations which include the fur of the host or in its bedding, but these are not the only possible places.



The eggs hatch in about one week into small legless larvae, which feed on a mixture of dead insects, skin particles and the droppings of the adult flea. The larvae like to live in dark humid places such as carpets and animal bedding, but again as these are no longer in the house, I am at a loss to explain where these may be nesting.



The larvae then pupate, and after about three weeks, adult fleas hatch in response to vibrations made by a passing host, which is sadly you.



The complete life cycle will normally take four weeks but could take longer at low temperatures. Eventually there will be a tapering off of these creatures as their normal habitat is deminished, for although they will bite you they will not live upon you.



DO NOT lay new carpets or introduce a pet until you are certain they have all died off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
rate my teacher