Thursday, December 3, 2009

Exotic home pets?

I want to get an exotic pet; no cats, dogs, bunnies, ferrets, snakes, or spiders.. and no fish. :]



I was thinking of a turtle or frog. But the problems with them are a: i hear turtles SMELL, is this true? and b: you have to feed frogs crickets, is there any other way?



What would you suggest, a lizard or gecko? frog or turtle?? Can you give me pros and cons of your expiriences with any exotic pet you've had??



Exotic home pets?-Myspace pets www.myspace.com





chamillions or iguanas dont make a bad pets. u just have to buy them cages, feed them crickets and spray water in there tanks and thats it. i dont really suggest chamillions cause theyll prolly run away but u ccan bond with iguanas.



Exotic home pets?

-(Myspace.com)



PARROT AND OFCOURSE SPIDER MONKEY



Exotic home pets?

-(Myspace code myspace.com)



i had a skunk once, nasty little **** he was, I liked him though
I've had a few exotic pets and it's true, turtles are quite smelly. Although, it's not so much them as much as the tank you keep them in. You don't HAVE to feed frogs, lizards, or geckos live crickets but it is preferred. When I had geckos I fed them 2-3 times/wk with the live ones and they would jump everywhere! Very creepy. Anyways, there are non-living food alternatives for these creatures but they may not be as healthy for your pet as the real thing :)
i have an iguana, and hes the sweetest thing. they're vegan, so you dont have to feed them living things
Have you ever considered a sugar glider? They are nocturnal, loving, and smart, but you will have to check with you state to see if they are allowed. I'm not sure what state doesn't permit them, so check it out.
Well you re going to get a certain amt. of smell with most any pet. Depending on how well you maintain ythe cage.



I have a parrot, and he can say about 80-100 different words, and/or phrases.



I ve taught him to scratch my shoulder, he will be on his cage, or the arm of my chair %26amp; i can lean down %26amp; say "scratch my shoulder" %26amp; will will go up to my shoulder %26amp; get my shirt (usually a tee shirt) in his beak %26amp; proceed to more or less shake it real fast, sort of like a puppy does an old rag. He is a little different moodwise than a dog, you know the way a dog never gets mad at you? well this bird will get mad %26amp; actually pout.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
rate my teacher