Thursday, December 3, 2009

Turtles as pets?

Im thinking about getting pet turtles. Could i have a description about pet turtles, Preferably someone who has them?



Turtles as pets?-Myspace pets www.myspace.com





i used to have them when i was 7 it got ran over by a red suv and i buried it. his name was nelson... he was the ****



Turtles as pets?

-(Myspace.com)



wow, I am going to need a little more info than that. There are so many species of turtles, I would have to know which one you are talking about. because Aquatic turtles are completely different from land turtles(box turtles). And if you are talking about tortoises too, that is a whole other ball park.



Turtles as pets?

-(Myspace code myspace.com)



BE CAREFUL ABOUT WHICH KIND YOU CHOOSE. ALWAYS HANDLE WITH GLOVES. THEY CARRY SALMONELA. THEY ARE NASTY AND ALOT OF TROUBLE TO KEEP BOWL CLEAN.
turtles r a real neat pet i had land turtles and water turtles..... the water turtles are easier to keep. the land turtle makes the aquarium stinks.. my advice is to get a water turtle ...all u need is a aquarium, a filter will help out, and a turtle.



if u have kids that r 10 and under, don't let them play with them ......if they touch them watch their hands.. they carry a disease only if they touch them
they are not the kind of pets that you should pick up and play with. they are just for looking at. there are 2 reasons for this: 1. because they carry salmonella and 2. because they are scared of this huge creature picking them up. they aren't cuddly pets.



I have 2 of them, they are aquatic turtles and I can say that they are pretty expensive to set up a habitat for unless you just happen to have a huge aquarium sitting around your house empty. It's nice to watch them swim though. They are pretty cool pets.



But one thing about them is that you have to get this huge aquarium, and a very powerful filter, and expensive lights and uvb bulb and heat bulb... and you go through all this for this huge aquarium and you can't really keep anything in with them because they will eat any fish. and other options like crawfish and stuff well... you know one or the other is going to get hurt or killed. So they are kind of solitary pets.



here is a website for you to check out for more info. There are a lot of different kinds of turtles and their care and habitat requirements can vary widely.



http://www.austinsturtlepage.com
I have a red eared slider, and seems easy for me to care of her. it's very interesting to see her swimming so funny in the water. and she comes to my hand when I feed her, this makes me crazy of her. I think the red eared sliders are nice.
go to turtleforum.com ask there
I love turtles. I have two turtles of my own. Their both Red-Eared Slider Turtles. Their aquatic turtles and has a lot of caring. In the beginning, I didn't know much about caring turtles. I got them when they were an inch at this Chinese festival I went too. They were so cute. I just had to get them. hehe. Well, at first I did plenty of research about how to provide a good environment for them. I got mine all from the pet store and cost me almost $100+. My two turtles are living in a ten gallon tank but I will be upgrading soon to a bigger and larger tank about 100 gallons. Its better that way because I really don't want to upgrade every two years, so 100 gallon would be fine for them. I feed them a variety of food like pellets, vegetables/fruits, and live food such as goldfish/minnows, crickets, and worms. Their fun to watch especially chasing after the fish. haha. Just right after handling your turtle and around the tank, wash your hands. Hope this helps =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
rate my teacher